Saturday, April 4, 2009

ponderings


It's been a while since I posted. I guess I just dont take time b/c my life seems so mundane and boring, and who really wants to read something that may put them in dream land??
I am not the brightest bulb out there, and dont understand the full economic stuff and all the bail out junk. I don't understand how the credit market and housing market affect the stock exchange, etc. But what I do know is that life in the United States as we knew it is changing. Somewhere along the way our liberty is slowing being stripped away and we are oblivious to it. The govt keeps printing money and bailing out various business/industries. Bills are being passed that contain 'little things' here and there we know nothing about...YET. The gov't fired the head of a private business. Yes this business accepted gov't funds and yes, maybe he needed to be removed, but was it really the gov'ts place? I am a little concerned when the gov't gets in the car, banking, and morgage business. Ever since the first bailout under Pres. Bush one saying keeps coming to mind. In Star Wars, Episode III, Senator Amidala and another senator where sitting with thousands of other senators in the senate chamber. The Emperor Just annouced he was dissolving the Senate and the senate bursts into applause. She turns to her friend and says: "So this is how liberty dies, at the sound of thunderous applause."

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Awesome. And scary. Love the quote.