Friday, October 31, 2008

Voting


Today, I exercised my American privilege and voted for our next president. This is the 6th presidential election that I have voted in. Never before have I felt such strong emotion about two very different candidates. As I put an X in the box next to my chosen candidate, my eyes became filled with tears. Thankfully, none spilled out, boy that would have been hard to explain. Why the tears? Honestly, I don't know. I guess because I am so worried that the wrong person will get elected. And if He does, I am afraid for our country. While I didn't really prefer any of those running, I have strong opposition to one in particular and am worried about what will become of my beloved America should he take office.

But, there is not much I can do but vote, pray, pray, and pray some more.

Don't forget to go vote on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I wish I could've voted early...I dread the lines Tuesday....