Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Students...precious, aren't they? :)

As many of you know, I teach 4th grade and LOVE it. Teaching is definitely my calling and my passion. For those who teach with me, they know what a stickler I am about my classroom. I love things organized and in their place. I have a place for everything and train the children where to place certain papers, books, manipulatives, etc. It works for me and my students. One thing I am very particular about is my chalkboard. I love a nice clean board. For as long as I have been teaching, I have almost always cleaned my board (with water) at the end of every day. Sometimes twice a day depending on usuage. It's just a quirk Ihave. I like writing on a clean surface. Well, yesterday I had to leave work early due to illness. I arrive back today and what's the first thing I do? Grab my rag, wet it and come back to clean my board. It is then that I noticed that things are not quite right. There appears to be black smudges here and there all over my board. I then notice the most hideous eraser I have ever seen. As I wiped my board down, I noticed the dark spots were not coming up. I take a closer look at the ugly eraser and realize it is a whiteboard eraser! Someone had borrowed my (in excellent condition) chalk eraser and brought back this one. And the Science teacher (unbeknownst to her) used the dry marker eraser on my chalk board, hence the dark spots.
(bare with me...punch line coming)
So, obviously, I was upset. And the kids noticed. After about my 3rd or 4th comment over my displeasure at my now sullied board, one sweet little angel (no, really, she is a sweet heart!) raised her hand and said, "Miss Thompson, I think you may be OCD."
Ha ha ha....I looked at her (laughing) and said, well aren't you precious! The class of course was laughing...I too was laughing.
Me OCD?? hmmmmm you think??
:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me laugh. Kids have a way of getting right to the heart of a matter don't they.

Mary said...

That was precious. Thanks for sharing. How do you clean a white board that is all marked up? I'm already eying the one I'll be using.

Mimi said...

Hahahaha!!! That is GREAT!! Kids are so honest.

One Voice of Many said...

you? nooooooo! ;)