Sunday, January 25, 2009

accidental worry

The dreaded phone call came around 6:30pm. "Mom, I had an accident." I can not even begin to explain all the different emotions and thoughts that went tearing through my body and mind.
After I got her to calm down, she told me where she was at and I got there in record time.
Shelby is fine; very hysterical and shaken up, but physically fine. The other driver was ok too; although complaining of back pain. But they didnt leave in the ambulance, so hopefully we wont be facing a lawsuit.

This whole experience has really shaken both of us up. She is very reluctant to drive again. SHE has driven since the accident...but I have to 'make' her. And quite frankly, I am fine if she doesnt want to drive becasue I am afraid too. BUT I cant let HER know that. So I ignore my feelings and encourage her to 'get back in the saddle'.

This whole situation has dredged up an old enemy: worry. I have never really considered myself a worrier...but in a sense, I guess I am. Over the years, I have gotten better about trusting the Lord and not "borrowing trouble". But this has really thrown me. I worry she will have another wreck and that next time she wont walk off without a single scratch. I worry about how we are going to afford another car. I worry about finances. I worry about what we are going to do when my daddy dies..etc...and the list goes on and on and on....

But as the saying goes, this too shall pass. We will get those two stupid citations paid, shelby will drive again with confidence, and I will trust...maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad she is ok. And all the worry that you have always done and guess what...you and shelby always come thru it. Of course i know that is easier to say then to live. tonia